The transition from Junior School to Senior School is an exciting time for students as they commence the next stage in a lifelong educational journey. The Senior School is well resourced with a high quality program and an exceptional staff to support your child throughout his/her learning journey.
The Senior School is equipped with facilities and programs including:
- Spacious classroom design.
- Modern technology resources – students in Years P to 3 have access to class iPads on trolleys; Years 4 to 6 have BYOD iPads; and Years 7 to 12 each have a leased Macbook Laptop.
- Enjoyable learning experiences in a caring, accepting and safe environment.
- Access to a full range of facilities and resources in both academic and co-curricular activities.
The Senior Curriculum
The students' curriculum, programs and opportunities develop as students progress through Senior Year levels. Visit our Curriculum page for details.
- Senior Handbook Years 7 to 12 2018
- Year 7, 8 Subject Selections 2018
- Year 9 Subject Selections 2018
- Year 10 Subject Selections 2018
- Year 11-12 Subject Selections 2018
In 2016, Year 12 students received pleasing OP results. We congratulate Jess Dreyer OP1: 93% achieved 1-15; 73% achieved 1-10; 20% achieved 1-5. Our three Non-OP students completed Diplomas of Business or Music.
In 2014 CCPS had an outstandingly successful academic Year 12 class with one hundred percent OP 1-15 and the School’s first OP 1 and Australian Student Prize for Cieran Kent. In 2015, the lofty highs for a different group of students were not going to be achieved, but in 2015 we had six students who completed Diplomas of Business; and two who were already accepted into their chosen courses at University of the Sunshine Coast, our ‘Local University’. Furthermore, Lachlan Kenny was accepted into the highly prestigious Southern Golf Club in Melbourne for his PGA professional traineeship. Nicholas Reynolds successfully auditioned to study Jazz Piano at The Conservatorium of Music. James Bartram was accepted into a Chef’s Apprenticeship which he has now almost completed, we believe. Year 12 2015 students' social awareness and abilities to communicate effectively, their positivity, and their attractive grace and ethics, are part of the guidance that is Caloundra City Private School where every student matters, and we are very proud of them. Each student in 2015 achieved a pathway career course that was right for them.