Pelican’s Nest Early Learning Centre
Pelican’s Nest, Early Learning Centre is staffed by highly qualified Early Childhood specialists to support your children. We are passionate educators who provide an immersive Nature Play program. Outdoor play and experiences, such as bush walks, feeding the chickens and ducks and growing plants in our permaculture garden enable our educators to teach your children environmental awareness and sustainability in a practical way. Along with this, we run a strong numeracy and literacy program that leverages the resources of CCPS, giving your child the best start to their learning journey.
The Centre is open 51 weeks of the year excluding public holidays. The hours of operation are from 6.30am to 6.30pm.
All Pelican's Nest educators hold either:
- Bachelor of Education
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care, or
- Certificate 111 in Early Childhood Education and Care
Programs and Curriculum
Our Early Learning Centre provides a developmental curriculum where each individual student’s program is based on their individual interest, progress, readiness and learning style. We work closely with families to ensure your child’s growth and development. More specifically our programs are:
- Pelican's Nest is an accredited Nature Play provider - outdoor play is embedded in our curriculum
- Library Borrowing Program for Junior and Senior Nest - run at the CCPS library
- Transition to School Program - to build confidence, wellbeing and school readiness for both Kindy and Prep
- Individually Responsive Program - nurtures relationships with each child and our Educators
- "Be You", "You Can Do It" and Bush Kindy program to foster social and emotional wellbeing
Our Centre has been designed to provide outstanding facilities and resources for young children. These include:
- Air-conditioned and heated rooms
- Exceptional learning environment
- Interactive whiteboards
- A playground designed by the leading world company in playgrounds
- Quality play and educational resources
All children are provided with their food and drinks for the day, excluding baby formula. This includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- Contact us by phoning 07 5437 5850 or contact us via the form on our website
- Book and complete a tour
- Complete an enrolment application form (provided at the tour)
- Place offered (based on availability)
For more information, please visit the Pelican's Nest website.