Junior School News
Welcome back to the last term of the school year. I hope you all enjoyed the warmer weather and found some time to relax with friends and family over the Spring break. It is hard to believe that we are almost at the end of another school year. Term 4 is a busy term with many important events to celebrate the end of year. Please make note of the following dates in your calendar.
- Thursdays from 10 to 24 October – Years 4 to 6 Beach Awareness Program
- Friday 18 October – Loud Shirt Day
- Monday 21 October – Student Free Day
- Friday 25 November – Day for Daniel
- Friday 1 November - Halloween Disco
- Thursday 7 November - 2020 Kindergarten Orientation Morning
- Friday 8 November – 2020 Prep Orientation Morning
- Tuesday 12 November - CCPS Annual Presentation Night
- Friday 15 November – Year 12 Final Assembly
- 18, 19, 20 and 21 November – Prep to Year 2 Swimming Lessons
- Friday 22 November – Prep to Year 2 Swimming Carnival
- Thursday 28 November - Junior School Presentation Morning
- Friday 29 November – You Can Do It Celebration Day and Last Day of Term 4
The Student Representative Council’s Loud Shirt Day Fundraising Event
The SRC are conducting a Loud Shirt fundraising event next Friday 18 October to raise funds for The Hear and Say Centre. The aim of the Centre is to help hearing-impaired children achieve life-long social and economic independence. All students are encouraged to wear their brightest shirt with their sports uniform and raise money to help give the gift of sound and speech to deaf children. Students are asked to bring along a gold coin donation on the day so the SRC can assist in raising much-needed funds for a very worthwhile charity.
You Can Do It Program
Our focus for the first two weeks of this term is on the ‘I Do My Best’ Character Kid. Students will be involved in discussions about what strategies and behaviours help us achieve our best. They will be reminded that achieving our best is accomplished by behaviours such as:
- Trying your best at all times – “Have-a-Go Heroes”
- Choosing to behave well
- Presenting your bookwork neatly
- Practising skills
It would be appreciated if parents could support this program at home as it helps reinforce the importance of these social behaviours that are central to all young people acquiring the social and emotional capabilities they need to be successful in school, experience well-being and have positive relationships.
Junior School Assembly
The next Junior School Assembly is on Wednesday 16 October at 8.30am. Year 3 students together with their City Stars Buddies will be making a presentation and Merit Certificates will be awarded to selected students from each class. All parents, grandparents and friends are encouraged to join the students from the Junior School at this assembly.
The Co-Curricular Program booklet for Term 4 can be seen here. It is requested that registration for the activities be confirmed via email by this Friday 11 October. Each student will need to re-register for an activity even if they are following on from Term Three.
The Class News segment of the newsletter will continue. Each week a class will contribute an article related to something they have been working on in class. This segment will commence next week with students from Year 4 sharing some of their exciting experiences from their first week of term.
Gabrielle Frisby - Head of Junior School