January School Holiday Guide
For CCPS students it is currently week six of the school holidays. Days are starting merge; kids are a little restless and you’re thinking you have exhausted most options to keep them entertained for the remainder of the summer holidays.
We have put together some options to get you through those last few weeks of the school holidays until we welcome our families back on Tuesday 28 January.
- Kawana Indoor Sports – is open every day from 8am to 5pm for children between five and 14. This is a great way for kids to stay active in these hot summer days and to meet some new friends! Activities range from dodge ball, indoor netball, indoor cricket, indoor beach volleyball, indoor soccer plus a court of inflatables. Cost per day starts at $30 and bookings are essential.
- Coolum Movies in the Park – fancy an outdoor cinema experience? This is a free event for the family, all you need is a rug and the family. Showings include:
Captain Underpants: 11 January 2020
Paddington: 18 January 2020
- Skate Connection Skateboarding Festival – this two-day festival is on 18 January to 19 January at the new Aura Skatepark. This event offers learn-to-skate lessons, demos, contests and generation contests featuring parents and child teams.
- Sunshine Coast libraries – our libraries across the coast are running some awesome holiday activities, and all you need to do is present is your child’s membership card to the library. Please register for these activities if you are interested in attending. Some top ones coming up are:
Activity Day at Caloundra Library, 13 January anytime. Need to get out of the house? Word finds, puzzles and colouring in to keep the kids entertained. Drop in any time during opening hours. Adult supervision is required for children under 12, those 12 and older can attend unsupervised.
Spheros at Maroochydore Library, 14 January 10am to 11.30am. This is designed to spark curiosity and creativity through connected play. Sphero SPRK+ is the perfect introduction to robotics. This activity is open to children eight years and older.
Stop-Go Animation at Kawana Library, 14 January 2.00pm to 3.30pm. Children are encouraged to create their own movie using LEGO bricks and characters! This program is designed for eight years and above.
IQubes at Maroochydore Library, 15 January 2pm to 3.30pm. The IQube is a set of app-enabled blocks that explores the world of electricity and circuits. You can start without any prior knowledge about circuits and gain expertise as you move through the challenges. This is suitable for 10 years and above.
- Sunshine Coast Plaza – is also running school holiday entertainment from 6 January to 17 January. These include:
Comedy Circus Stunt Show from 6 to 10 January at 11.30am daily, no bookings are required.
Comedy Circus Workshops from 6 to 10 January from 10am to 1pm daily. Kids will learn how to spin plates, juggle, make an animal balloon and much more! Strictly 40 spaces per workshop – first in best dressed.
- The Ginger Factory – the iconic Ginger Factory offers fun rides, fascinating tours, a unique retail precinct and cafe surrounded by beautiful sub-tropical gardens for all to enjoy. Free entry and open seven days, year round, there is something for everyone.
- Aqua Park Bli Bli – Located within the Bli Bli Watersports Complex, the Aqua Park is a series of inflatable slides, runways, blast bags and bouncers all connected together and floating in a large sectioned off area of the back lake. This is a great one for the whole family – three years and under are not permitted, however, seven and older can use the park on their own. Prices start from $20 per person (family packages are also available).
- CCPS Vacation Care – we are also running an awesome program these school holidays, right up until Friday 24 January. You can see the full program here, and book via the “My Family Lounge” App.
Happy holidays everyone!