COVID-19 financial support
COVID-19 financial support
This is a difficult time for many of us and with daily Government announcements, new stimulus packages and regular changes to Government support it can be hard to keep on top of all the information and processes, particularly in times of stress.
Below is a list of resources that may be helpful for families. This is may not be a fully comprehensive list, however, we felt it is important to share this information for those in our community who may need it, or for friends and family members who may find it helpful.
We are also wanting to advise all parents that you can reach out to us if you need to discuss financial changes during this time. You can do so by emailing email@example.com or phoning the office on 5437 5800.
Individuals and Households
- Supporting individuals and Households – includes one-off payments of $750 to low-income Australians and a time-limited coronavirus supplement of $550 per fortnight for particular groups
- Support and information - for people receiving Centrelink or other government payments affected by the coronavirus
- Payment and service finder - check your eligibility for a range of government support
- Support for business – includes cash flow support for small to medium businesses (SMEs), temporary relief for businesses in financial distress, asset write-off and retaining apprentices and trainees
- SME guarantee scheme – the Australian Government will guarantee 50 percent of new loans issued by eligible lenders to SMEs
- Business information and support – more detailed information on financial assistance, eligibility and timing of government support
- Assistance for severely affected regions – the Australian Taxation Office will provide administrative relief for certain tax obligations for taxpayers on a case-by-case basis
- Overview - Queensland Government economic support package
- Worker transition scheme and rapid response – information and support services to workers who may find themselves without work
- Business and industry support – includes low interest loans with a 12-month interest-free period and payroll tax support. Register your interest with the Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority
- Business Queensland – detailed information on business support available
- Banking hotlines - the Australian Banking Association has compiled a list of bank hotlines and other advice regarding financial hardship
- The Australian Banking Association announced banks will defer loan repayments for small businesses affected by COVID-19 for six months
- Mortgage deferrals – ABC news
CITY AND REGIONAL COUNCILS
Check with your local regional council if it has introduced any support measures for businesses or individuals