About Caloundra City Private School
Caloundra City Private School is a private, co-educational, non-denominational school set on 11 hectares, in the prestigious Pelican Waters canal development, on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
What sets us apart from other private schools and colleges on the Sunshine Coast is our technology advantage and the amount of individual attention provided to students to ensure they achieve their potential. We also offer flexible learning options such as University study and Vocational Education opportunities for Years 10 to 12.
Caloundra City Private School accepts International Students from Prep to Year 12, CRICOS Registration Number is 03241C.
- Download a School Prospectus (PDF)
- International Students - please see information on the International Students page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an International Prospectus Kit.
School of Excellence
The School was established as an independent private school in 2005, and since this time has established itself as a school of excellence in:
- academic achievement
- sporting and cultural achievements
- development of character
- traditional values of courtesy, manners and exemplary presentation
The School has grown from small beginnings to the present:
- Pelican’s Nest ELC – babies from 6 weeks of age to PrePrep age
- City Stars Kindergarten - Opened 2012 - PrePrep age
- Junior School – Prep to Year 6
- Senior School – Year 7 to Year 12
Here at Caloundra City Private School we embrace new technology; we don’t just talk about it, we just do it! We are the leading technology school on the Sunshine Coast and we are determined to stay ahead of the rest.
- Apple iPads for every student Years 4 and 6
- Apple Macbook Pros for every student Years 7 - 12
- interactive whiteboards (kindergarten up)
- data projectors (in all classrooms)
- wireless network across the entire campus
- Certificate II in ICT for all Year 10 students
This authentic integrated technology gives students at CCPS a significant learning advantage.
State of the Art Buildings
Our ‘state of the art’ buildings have distinctively high raked ceilings, spacious classrooms which are fully air conditioned throughout the school with beautifully landscaped grounds.
- Our Award winning library is so cool, it has to be seen to be believed!
- Professor Ian Frazer Technology Building (Science, Food Technology and Art)
- John Newcombe Tennis/ Multipurpose Court
- Spacious playing fields
Being situated in Queensland - The Sunshine State, and more specifically on the Sunshine Coast, our school takes Sun Saftey very seriously. Broad brimmed hats are part of both our Formal and Sports uniforms, and any outdoor activites are consistently supervised to ensure the safety of all our School Staff and Students. We have a standing "No Hat, No Play" policy, and contantly enforce the Sun Safe message with all Students, especially in the Junior School. All Junior School classrooms have free Suncreen available for Students, and our Administration office also stock a supply of spare hats for Students who misplace or forget theirs. We have Shade Sails over the Junior School playground areas, and covered Student Tables and Chairs in the Senior School outdoor areas. Our school is currently working with the our Parents and Friends committee and the Cancel Council of Australia to "Raise a Roof" over our Tennis / Basketball courts for improved protection and useability, and to ensure increased safety for all our outdoor activities.